If you are looking for an Upper Arlington Counselor, then look no further! At True North Counseling, our licensed Upper Arlington counselor provides counseling to children, teens, and adults, while focusing on resiliency, patient strengths, and respect for diversity.
Counseling, also know as therapy, is a collaborative process between a counselor and a client. Counseling is often used to help an individual create change, overcome challenges, or feel better more quickly than is often possible on one’s own. Counseling can be used to treat specific mental health conditions, such as anxiety, depression, or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), as well as to treat problems within a relationship or between family members, improve stress management, or solve behavioral problems in children. Counseling becomes extremely beneficial when specific challenges, or mental health symptoms, begin to affect one’s ability to enjoy daily tasks and activities.
At True North Counseling, we know that life is not always easy. It can be a struggle to keep up with all the activities, tasks, and problems thrown our way. Plus, as we attempt to navigate life, it can be hard to push away the thoughts and opinions of others. Sometimes, these thoughts and opinions leave us confused and unsure of what we really believe and know to be true. In these moments, when we’re struggling to keep up with the busy demands of life or when we feel overwhelmed by the opinions of others, it can be beneficial to have the outside perspective of a professional. A great counselor is ready and able to help you gain clarity, find relief from your challenges, and feel better more quickly.
As a practice, True North Counseling specializes in areas such as divorce, transition to college, anxiety, grief and trauma, relationship issues, depression, ADHD, and behavior problems in children. Counseling may be beneficial if you or your family:
- Experiences feelings of sadness, loneliness, or “emptiness”
- Are less excited about situations, events, or activities that were once enjoyable
- Often or regularly feel hopeless, worthless, or helpless
- Have noticed a change in energy levels throughout the day
- Are often tired or fatigued during the day
- Have difficulty focusing on day-to-day tasks or trouble making decisions
- Have a hard time falling asleep at night, staying asleep during the night, or waking up in the morning
- Have seen changes in appetite or weight without being on a diet
- Have thoughts of death or suicide
- Worry to an excessive amount and on a regular basis
- Have trouble getting comfortable, have a difficult time sitting still, or constantly feel the need to fidget
- Recently experienced a trauma or loss
- Commonly find miscommunication within a relationship
- Are looking to restore and deepen bonds between family members
- Are experiencing a transition, such as a divorce, going off to college, or new school
Get started with an Upper Arlington Counselor today…
These are just some of the situations in which counseling can be beneficial. In addition to one-on-one services for individuals, we also offer services for families with children and adolescents. An upper arlington counselor might be right for you if you are worried about whether or not you are making the right choices for your family, then we can work with you and your children to get everyone to a place where they feel good. If you think you or a loved one would benefit from counseling, please reach out to our Upper Arlington counselors today at (614)310-4940. Our treatment approaches incorporate interpersonal, cognitive-behavioral, and mindfulness techniques. Again, our Upper Arlington counselors specialize in areas such as divorce and transition to college, anxiety, grief and trauma, relationship issues, depression, ADHD, and behavior problems in children.
As a whole, True North Counseling differs from other practices because we believe that the more we can help you connect with the authentic, wise part of yourself, then the more you can find contentment and satisfaction in your daily life. Unfortunately, connecting with the authentic, wise part of ourselves is the opposite of how many of us are living today. Instead, we often feel as though fear and anxiety drive our choices and behavior. True North operates under the principles that certainty comes from being your authentic self, without worrying about what others may think. Our mission is to help move you and your family to this intersection of emotion and logic that comes together to give you confidence, strength, and the certainty that you are right where you are supposed to be.